Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for booking our villa are listed below. Please keep this sheet for your reference. We ask that you sign below in acknowledgement of these terms and conditions for your booking reservation and your stay whilst in Florida.
- The signing of the booking form by the party leader confirms acceptance of the terms and conditions set out and shall be binding on the persons listed on the booking form intending to occupy our villa (or any subsequent amendments to this list).
- Should our home be over occupied, you will be removed from the property with no refund. Should it be found upon departure evidence of over occupancy, the security deposit will not be returned.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate Stag or Hen parties or parties of guests who are all under the age of 21.
- No pets allowed.
- For the comfort of all our guests, our home and patio is strictly non-smoking. If evidence of smoking is detected, an additional deep cleaning fee will be applied.
- To ensure comfort, security and peace of mind, our property is registered with the state authorities and is in full compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Stays of 7 nights or less will incur a cleaning fee of $115.00
- The villa is available for occupation from 4.00pm local time on the day of arrival and is to be vacated by 10.00am on the morning of departure.
- Vacating after 10.00am may incur a charge equivalent to one days accommodation cost unless previously agreed with either ourselves or our Management Company.
- Guests can arrange authorization to arrive earlier or depart later if the villa is empty.
- Over the Christmas period, we require a minimum period of one week’s rental.
CHANGES TO RENTAL DATES
Further to your initial confirmation of booking, should you need to change the dates of your booking, we are happy to help you for an administration fee of $50.00 to confirm new dates, dependent upon availability.
- Together with your completed booking form, a non- refundable booking deposit of 10% is due within 5 days of your provisional booking.
- Upon receipt of your deposit we will send you confirmation.
- Payment of the balance and the £250 refundable security deposit is due 8 weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Upon receipt of the final balance, we will send out directions to our Villa and access information one week prior to your arrival.
- Failure to pay final balance within 8 weeks prior to your arrival may lead to cancellation of your booking and loss of deposit.
Payment can be made directly via PayPal or direct bank transfer.
Any charges that are incurred due to money transfers will be added to your bill and deducted from your refundable security deposit when this is returned to you. This is to cover the fees imposed by Banks, paypal etc (This will not exceed 3%).
- The client is solely responsible for any damage or breakages that may be caused to our villa or its contents during your stay.
- We require a refundable security breakage deposit of £250 to be paid with your balance prior to travel. This deposit will be repaid to your party within 30 days or sooner, once we have received confirmation from our Management company there has been no damage and that you have returned the keys.
- Our management company checks our home before your arrival and after your departure and will advise of any damage / loss. This may include additional cleaning costs for removal of stains due to spillages or stains. We reserve the right to retain the security deposit (either in part or full) to cover damage or non-return of keys. Receipts for repairs / replacements will be provided in the unlikely event that such retention of the security deposit is necessary, plus further documentation or photographs will be provided if requested.
- We reserve the right to pursue a guest for recompense for any and all damages caused which may exceed the value of the security deposit and will require payment within 14 days of being served notice of this.
- Florida has a sub-tropical climate and care must be taken with food that is left uncovered. Uncovered food can attract insects very quickly. Any added cost for pest control services incurred for lack of care will be passed to you.
- Should the property be found in an unacceptable condition (excessive trash, excessive laundry or generally neglected) we reserve the right to retain the total security deposit plus further costs if required.
- A list of departure instructions will be provided in our home to help with your departure of the property. We recommend you use this as a checklist upon your departure to reduce the risk of any charges.
CANCELLATION BY GUESTS
- In the event of your party needing to cancel, the following conditions will apply.
- 5-8 weeks prior to arrival, 50% of the total charge to offset the discount that we will need to re-book our property at short notice.
- Any cancellation within the final 5 weeks will regrettably result in loss of the whole booking fee (not including the security deposit)
- Failure to pay the final balance by the due date (8 weeks prior to arrival) may result in loss of the booking and deposit.
- If we do not receive the payment we will endeavour to contact the guest but if we receive no payment or communication, then unfortunately we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
- If you do have a problem, PLEASE contact us as soon as possible to discuss the matter.
CANCELLATION BY THE OWNERS
- In the unlikely event that personal circumstances necessitate cancellation of the booking the owner is obliged to refund any monies paid by the party (without interest, compensation or consequential loss of any kind).
- Force Majeure : The owners and their agents accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or alterations to the terms of this booking caused by events beyond our control including, but not restricted to, war, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations, technical difficulties with transportation, alteration or cancellation of schedules by carriers, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, industrial dispute or any other event beyond our control.
DIRECTIONS, KEYS & CODES
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have all documentation relating to the directions to our home together with the lock box codes for access to the keys to your property BEFORE you depart for your vacation.
- For security measures, lock boxes may be changed at last minute at our Management company’s discretion.
- Should you not be able to gain entry, you MUST call the emergency number which will be provided at a later date for the access code on the day of your arrival.
- No compensation or refunds will be given for non-entry to our villa should a call not be made at the time of your arrival.
- If you call out of hours, please leave your name and a contact number and you WILL be called back that day / evening.
POOL HEATING / CONDITION OF POOL
- Our pool is under the care of contractors, it is serviced and chemically balanced weekly. It is possible in between services the pool may lose minimal water or chemicals or show signs of dirt (especially in stormy weather). Any major concerns are to be reported to our Management company.
- Pool heaters are made up of electrical and mechanical components, which can malfunction. We will not be held responsible for the failure of these components, however our management company will do everything within their power to remedy the difficulty as soon as possible.
- Pool heat can also be affected by the external temperature, especially in the cooler months. If the heater is found to be operating correctly but not providing heated water due to the temperatures, neither refund nor compensation will be given.
- If you have requested and paid for pool heat and you find the pool is not heated, You must report this issue immediately to our Management Company. Should there be a problem with the heater – You will be refunded from the day you reported the problem with no further compensation.
- Pool call outs are only during working hours.
- Should our guests require attention that is non-emergency related (i.e pool not heating) there will be a call out charge of $50.00.
- If you have requested and paid for pool heat, please note it is scheduled to be turned on the morning of your arrival date. They take 24hours to heat up.
- Our home has a child safety fence surrounding the pool, please use it at all times.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- To comply with state fire regulations under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons identified on the booking form occupy our villa.
- The swimming pool and its equipment is used entirely at the guest’s own risk.
- No diving is allowed and children must be supervised at all times whilst in the pool area.
- Glass is not permitted in the pool area at any time. Please use the plastic items provided.
In the unlikely event of a problem arising whilst you are on holiday, you should immediately contact our Management company, who will seek to resolve the matter speedily. Your satisfaction with our property is paramount to us and should you consider that the matter is of a serious nature, you must contact our Management Company DURING your
stay and not upon your arrival home. If the problem has not been reported to our Management Company during your stay we cannot accept any responsibility.
- LIABILITY – Our villa is privately owned and neither we nor our Management Company accept any responsibility whatsoever for personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects, however caused.
- We, the owners and our Management Company reserve the right of entry to the property at any time. This includes such workers as pool maintenance, gardeners etc.
- Website description: whilst all information supplied on the website is deemed to be correct to the best of our knowledge, it is understood that the information supplied is for guidance purposes only and does not form any part of contract.
- This contract is subject to and shall be constructed in accordance with the laws of Florida and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the American courts.